Sunday, July 17, 2011

Striped Woolen Goodness

In addition to exterior, building scale work, we've also been slowly making progress inside.

My dear friend, Becca, runs a small farm and large family (child number four arrived this spring) on Vashon Island in Washington state.  She has goats and sheep and runs a cheese c.s.a.  I wish she lived closer so we could eat her delicious goat sausage every week and her daughter, Amelia, could help us walk Marla Rocket.  While I don't see that happening soon, I have been able to bring a bit of Becca's life to Ruby Street.  Each year they sheer the sheep, send the wool to MacAusland's Woollen Mills in Canada, and produce these lovely striped blankets.  Below is a photo of the one of first milled blankets (grey) and one that Becca wove on her new(ish) loom. 

Below is our blanket, from the second batch, along with a table cloth turned bedspread and silk scarf turned pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment